Established 1835

Curtis Island Light is located at the entrance to Camden Harbor, nearest to the town of Camden. The island is a public park and is only accessible by boat. The lighthouse is not open to the public but can be easily viewed from boat tours in the area. It can also be seen in the distance from the top of Mount Battie in Camden Hills State Park. Curtis Island Light is nicknamed “The Jewel of the Penobscot.”