SHARE

Established 1907

This was the second-to-last traditional lighthouse built in Maine. The light is located on Robinson Point, on the west coast of Isle au Haut, nearest to the town of Isle au Haut. The grounds are open to the public and can be accessed via a ferry from Stonington. Isle au Haut stands for “high island,” with its highest elevation at 556 feet. The island has about 50 year-round residents and was the last island in the nation to stop using crank telephones.