SHARE

Established 1847

This light is located on Little River Island in Cutler Harbor, nearest to the town of Cutler. The lighthouse is not accessible to the public and is best viewed via boat cruises offered in the area. Cutler Harbor is the last protected harbor on the Maine coast before Canada. In 1960, Cutler Harbor became an important coastal defense site when two communication towers were erected at the naval base and used to communicate with the Navy fleets in the North Atlantic, Europe and the Atlantic.