Squirrel Point Light was built in 1898 at the same time as Perkins Island Light, Doubling Light and the separate Range Lights as part of a major safety upgrade of the Kennebec River 15 years after Bath Iron Works was founded. Squirrel Point Light is on Arrowsic Island on the Kennebec River in Arrowsic. It’s named after the ship “Squirrel,” which ran aground just off the point. The light is owned by the U.S. Coast Guard and managed by Citizens for Squirrel Point. The lighthouse can be accessed by a short hike, seen from across the river in Phippsburg or viewed via boat.