Whitehead Light

SHARE

Established 1804

Whitehead Light is located in Penobscot Bay at the western entrance to Muscle Ridge Channel nearest to the town of St. George. The island is privately owned, and the lighthouse is best viewed by boat cruises in the area. In 1996, the island was purchased by Pine Island Camp, which has installed an adult education program, provided restoration and maintenance of the buildings and also allows for vacation rentals in the lightkeeper’s house during the summer months.