Established 1892

Whitlocks Mill Light is located on the south side of St. Croix River, nearest to the town of Calais. The lighthouse and grounds are not open to the public but can be viewed from the St. Croix River rest area on Route 1 in Calais or be seen by boat. The town of Calais is midway from the Equator and North Pole and remains a center of regional commerce today. The lighthouse was named after a local man, Colin Whitlock, who tended the lantern in that area before the lighthouse was built.